It’s worth scrolling up and down a little bit to see the difference between the before photo and the during photo. There is a little more than a month separating these two photos, and you can see they are making progress on the exterior. A lot of the wrought iron is sanded and painted with the orange rust resistant primer, and most of the lintels, the fascia, and the corbels have been repaired. I think it looks great!
I tried to brighten up the second picture a bit but this morning when I took it it was threatening to rain and pretty dark out. (The above picture was modified and replaced…thank you to Jennifer, Mazatlán’s guru of all things web and Gimp)
There was a comment on the previous post about this building that indicated that it might find a new use as a Sanborn’s. I don’t know if that will actually come to pass, but whether it does or not I am very happy that this fine old lady is getting taken care of properly.