Thanksgiving Day has always been one of my favorite holidays, a day where you take note of the the things in your life you are thankful for. Since Thanksgiving Day isn’t celebrated in Mexico, we thought as part of our private celebration we’d share our Thanksgiving Day thoughts. What are we thankful for?
- Our Readers – Thank you for your loyalty and your comments. You keep it fresh and fun.
- Our City- We love it here in Mazatlán. The community is warm and inclusive, the weather is mostly perfect, everyone smiles a lot, there are tons of cultural events, excellent restaurants, nice music, and so much more. It’s a great fit for us.
- Our Family- We’re spread around the US and México but we love each other and that’s what counts.
- The Internet- That goes without saying. 20 MB cable internet at home with a backup 5 MB DSL connection will keep us reliably connected to everything.
- E-Books- Having lots of great books to read whenever we want is something we are very thankful for.
- New Friends- In the last year I have made a lot of new friends through the blog. In addition to new readers, I’ve met a wonderful group through my work with Mexico Today. I’ll meet more next week when I attend the ICF Expat Forum in Mexico City. We met lots of new bloggers at the Latin American Blogger’s Conference in Mérida last month. I’ve even made new friends through Twitter, Facebook, and the English Speaking Knitters in Mexico group on Ravelry.
- Old Friends- We are so lucky to have many new and old friends. A couple old friends have thanked me recently for the blog, saying that they feel closer to us through it. We like to be closer, and we are very grateful to all of you for your friendship.
- Our Critters- We had to put our Lucy to sleep at the end of last year, but Henry and Coco have become bonded to each other and to us. They make us laugh every day. Our birds – and now our fish – give us a lot of pleasure, too.
- Each Other- Paul and I just celebrated our 14th anniversary, and I think we both would say we appreciate each other, rely on each other, and support each other as fully as two people can. And we are thankful that we found each other, one more lucky thing we are grateful for in our already lucky lives.
We hope you have a very happy Thanksgiving Day.